About IBEW Local Union 150

IBEW Local 150

 

Local 150 was started by only 15 chartered members on April 29, 1914 at the Carpenters Local 448 Union Hall in Waukegan Illinois. Prior to that Lake County was under the Jurisdiction of Local 134, Chicago.

Since our founding we have grown to 1,200 members.

It is with great pride and respect that we carry on the tradition of our founding members.

arrow Our Retiree Club Info
arrow
Our Apprenticeship Program
arrow Contact Us Today

Dedicated to The members of Local 150 - International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, AFL-CIO.

IBEW Local 150 was born at 8:10 PM, April 29, 1914. The birth took place at the Carpenters Hall Local 448, Waukegan, Illinois. The charter members of this historic event were:

    • W. Dalton
    • H. Homer
    • F. Lerner
    • C. Hawker
    • O. Swan
    • W. Browne
    • J. Hoover
    • R.Greensled
    • E. Swan
    • E. Jones
    • J. Miller
    • A. Flood
    • F. Miller
    • H. Huber
    • T. Mitchell

Local 150 now consists of almost 1,200 members which include Inside Wireman, Residential Wireman, Telecommunication Workers, Signmen and Lightning Rod Installers.